Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fire Trucks, Monkey Cups and The King of Pop

Have I mentioned EC and I belong to a Mom and Tot Parenting group?  Well, we do and it's so much fun!  We joined about 4 months ago and if it wasn't for that group, we'd be missing out on a lot of fun things here in Wichita.  The interaction with other moms and their kids is great for us too. 

We went on a tour of a Fire Station with our Mom and Tot group this week, it was a lot of fun to watch the little kiddos play in the water.  We learned a little fire safety, checked out the station, trucks and had a chance to run in the world's largest sprinkler.

EC got to go waaaaay up top with one of the firemen and help direct the "sprinkler".



EC's monkey cup has gorgeous blue eyes too.  Oh, and do you see those little white things all over his hands? That would be couscous, a pasta, kinda like rice but not a grain.  Anyway, I picked it up off the floor and picked it off of him for days after this picture .  That stuff is hard to clean up!



Michael Jackson, Wacko Jacko, The King of Pop, whatever you know him as....died last week. Shocking, huh? Well, EC didn't act too sad as he bopped his head to PYT (that's 'Pretty Young Thing' for those of you who aren't familiar, and shame on you if you aren't) on the Thriller album.  This is how we make long car rides bearable.  Ok, not really but maybe 12 years from now it will be.



The next time I put a new post up, I will be the parent of a ONE YEAR OLD!  Ohmygoodness!
Blog signature

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the little guy!! I have been checking out your blog the last couple of days and I am really enjoying it. Your posts are fun to read and they are really sweet. What a loving mom! I will keep checking back to see what you are all up to. Mike and I went to see Cory and Jeanne's newest arrival this past weekend. I forgot how small newborns are. He has a head full of hair and did a lot of eating and sleeping.
    Heather
    PS The picture of EC listening to PYT is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, just got on your blog, must have been busy the last few days, but the pictures were great and hey, I am one of those moms that did it without the dope. But I sm so glad you and Ethan are ok, he is so sweet. The birthday party was great, he is a trooper, isn't he? Have a good day and see you soon. mom

    ReplyDelete