Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Grandparent's Day!

Today is a special day because it's Grandparent's Day (for those of you who forgot, you can thank me later). Not only does EC have some pretty awesome grandparents, but so do Nick and I. I know a few of EC's grandparents and GREAT-grandparents keep up with this blog so we'd like to take a moment to wish them a...

HAPPY HAPPY GRANDPARENT'S DAY!

EC and I pulled out every bit of our creative talent and made this for you. You're welcome.



I tried my best to get a smile out of the uncooperative grandson, but he just wasn't interested in sitting pretty while holding a sign. I even bribed him with cookies and milk. It was still a no go, but you get the idea.



EC is lucky and gets to spend a lot of time with his Grandma and Grandpa R and his Nana (we like to call her ba-Nana, I'm sure she loooves that) since they live so close. He's gotten a couple visits from his Grandpa from Iowa and even took a trip to Cincinnati when he was 4 months old to meet his GREAT-grandparents! So we have lots more fun times to be had with all of his "grands"!

As for my grandparents, I have
lots of memories, for instance...my grandpa always called me "Sherry Berry Bee" and I'm ever so thankful that didn't stick, my grandma fed me so many strawberries from her garden once that I got a rash, my grandpa taught me how to play solitaire, he secretly got annoyed when I practiced my clarinet for him, my grandma collects (a bit obsessively if you ask me) ceramic birds and ducks, they raised 8 kids in a teeny, tiny house (grandma still lives there), my grandpa drove a white painter's van with an old wooden ladder on the side of it (yes, he was a painter), and my grandma didn't drive until she was in her 70's...or somewhere around there. I could go on and on, but I'll spare you this time.

I asked Nick for a memory or two I could share of his grandparents, he said he had a lot but didn't want to bore anyone with the details (apparently he doesn't understand the purpose of a blog...BORE PEOPLE WITH DETAILS!). Finally, he said I could share the fact that he used to call his Grandma D "fluffy". He didn't give me anymore details to that story, so I can't elaborate. **Hellooooo Grandma D!!**

Oh yeah, it's also someone's birthday today! Happy Birthday Grandpa D! It's a double special day for you, so enjoy.



Blog signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the big card and not so big smile, I do know what that smile looks like though. We do enjoy getting to see Ethan quite a bit, he is doing something new each time we see him. We had a good day and now it is even better with your messages. love and kisses

    ReplyDelete