Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

Ok, I admit it. Yes, I should be fired from this blogging job. I have lost my mojo and I really need a good talking to. This post isn't going to include pictures even though I promised them in my last post. Indeed, another good reason I should be fired.

I have good reason though! To upload pictures to my blog I have to borrow Nick's PC because my camera doesn't play nice with my Mac. And believe it or not, Nick only allows me limited access to his computer because he thinks I download things like "Coupon Printer" and "Save Money, Click Here" programs which fog up his aging PC. Come on, who doesn't like to save some dough? So during the hours of 4:36pm and 4:37pm Monday through Tuesday I am given all access to his PC to load pictures. Is this good enough of an excuse??

I do have some cute pictures to share though, and will work on them sometime THIS year. Promise.

For Thanksgiving, we traveled to Missouri to stay with Nick's sister and her great family. She has two little ones aged 3 and 5 so EC had a blast playing with them both. There was not one dull moment for him, especially since he had so many "new" toys to keep him busy and not to mention, two big kids he could copy. His big cousin is really into trains and EC seems to like them too, so they had fun playing with those.

We had a delicious Thanksgiving meal, Kate really outdid herself. I'm not the least bit embarrassed to say that I had to unbutton my pants after dinner! Truth be told, they were unbuttoned before dinner. Pregnant, remember?

Friday morning we all (Nick, EC, my MIL Beth, and myself) piled into the car and headed for Kansas City for some shopping and to stay the night. An uneventful weekend, but a good time was had by all.

Our Christmas tree, lights and decorations are all up and lookin' good this year. EC was napping when Nick and I put the 7' tall tree in our entryway, so you can imagine his amazement when he came downstairs and saw it. It was a "what in the heck" look, followed by the "can I touch it" look, followed again by the "what in the heck" look. Apparently it's weird to have a tree inside our house.

We went to the mall today in attempt to snag a photo with Santa. I should mention that we've been prepping EC for this day, as I have seen other little kids kicking and screaming while being tossed on the jolly man's lap and I wanted to avoid that with my own little guy. We've been reading Christmas books, saying "ho, ho, ho", and talking about Santa for a couple weeks now.

Looks like we'll have to continue prepping him, it didn't go well. No picture for us this time. Bah-humbug.


Blog signature

2 comments:

  1. LOL Sherry! I have been in a major blogging slump, too. Only my posts are ONLY pictures- no intelligent thoughts. If you want to "practice" with Santa last year we took our kids to Heartspring (on 29th) a couple of times. It is just by donation- so cheap- and a little less crazy. More of a relaxed setting, I guess. My kids didn't mind it which shocked me after all the screaming they did at the mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No amount of prepping will alleviate the bad Santa experiences at his age, you're not alone in that! We did manage to get a photo of my son with Santa at that age but I assure you he will be discussing that photo with a therapist at some point in his life! :) Next year will be better! Hope you are feeling well!

    ReplyDelete