Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Outdoor fun, here we come!

EC's new picnic table has been sitting in the garage boxed up for months now, and with the weather giving us a taste of what's to come we decided to put it together. The 3 of us are looking forward to warm summer days to use it, along with his swimming pool, basketball hoop and some other outdoor toys we have!

Like most boys, EC thoroughly enjoys playing outside as opposed to anywhere else. He isn't much into dirt and mud, but more into sticks, jumping, swinging, and playing along side other kids. I know he could spend the entire day outdoors and be the happiest kid on the block.

Here is a short video: (FYI-our cat, Molly, threw up outside and EC kept calling it "poop" so just a fair warning that the word poop is said a few times!)
video





In other news, I had my regular checkup yesterday for the little bundle of joy in my belly. The result? All is good. Our doc even said this guy is on track to hit about 8 pounds by his due date. I know it's all estimated and we won't know until the day he's born, but I'm pretty excited. EC was so small (5lbs 6oz) and fragile so I feel good knowing this little guy might have a couple extra pounds of good ol' chub on him. As for me, I'm feeling pretty good. Definitely getting bigger each day, so no pictures of me anytime soon. :)

EC is catching on that there is a baby in mama's belly. If you ask him where his baby brother is, he'll point to my stomach and say "baby" or "brother". This morning, without being prompted, he came up to me, lifted up my shirt, kissed my belly and said "bruh-er". My heart melted into a big puddle.
Blog signature

4 comments:

  1. He is getting so big!

    Love the table. Bella is getting one for her B-Day. I know about the staying outside ALL day if you would let them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Love the table. I forsee many a lovely lunches out there. (that is if Molly doesn't "poop" on the table : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet, kissing his brother! And an 8 pounder! That's great! We have that table, too, and we love it! You'll get so much use out of it.

    ReplyDelete