Friday, April 2, 2010

5 Sticky Finger Discount




At first glance, this may look like an innocent enough picture of EC sitting in his car shopping cart outside of the grocery store enjoying an Almond Snickers candy bar (what? you don't feed your toddler candy bars?), but if you look closely you might see the teeny tiniest bit of guilt in his big blue eyes.

Why the guilty look? I'll give you a hint. The candy bars in the checkout lane are dangerously placed at eye level to little boys in car shopping carts, and when you're 20 months old you probably don't realize that taking a shiny chocolate bar package without paying for it is necessarily a baaaad thing.

Obviously I didn't notice he was devouring an adult size candy bar (he managed to open the wrapper enough to suck out some of the chocolately goodness) until I went to get him out of the car cart, but we did walk back into the store and pay for it.

I tried to tell him that what he did was wrong but I just got giggled at. So I told him, "you just wait until your daddy hears about this". I've been waiting to say that!


Blog signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm not laughing at your expense but this is HILARIOUS! I've often thought I would be in your shoes with those blasted candy bars placed so precariously but we've escaped so far with no criminal records :) With a face like EC's how can you NOT let him get away with murder?!?! :)

    ReplyDelete