Saturday, May 15, 2010

Train Museum and River Festival

EC, Nick and I took a quick trip to the Train Museum this weekend, then stopped by the River Festival for a look around. EC has been to the museum before, but he was too young to really enjoy it so today was a lot more fun for him. He wasn't interested in the least of having his picture taken so you'll notice he isn't looking at me in most of them, but you still get the idea.


Nick and EC:

He was way up high and a little scared of standing there himself:

Checking out the inside of a train:


Standing up on every ledge possible:


Walking through a caboose:


This must have been a conductor chair or something, it was up high:





Exploring the inside of another train:


I don't think this car was part of the exhibit, it was about to fall apart. Leave it to Dad to toss EC inside! Yikes!


After the trains we went down to check out the River Festival. As usual, we just stopped off and bought some artery clogging snacks (things on sticks seemed to be the theme). I didn't take a picture of the funnel cake, but you can be sure it was I who polished it off.


Pictures of people eating are always so flattering, aren't they?



As for other news in our household, the new babe is still working on growing and getting stronger inside my body, which is just fine with me. I am willing to be uncomfortable for the next few weeks if he just decides to hang out and get stronger. My doctor still seems to think this baby is going to be an 8-9 pounder (any larger, then I'll become a bit nervous). The bigger the healthier I guess!

EC has become even more excited to meet his baby brother, he is constantly pulling up my shirt to check on the baby. He's tried to use a spare set of keys in my belly button to "open" my belly, he still sings to him, kisses him and tells him "love you bruh-er". He's even started putting his toys on my shelf of a belly and saying, "here ya go, bruh-er". Adorable. He's going to be such a great brother!

I could write more about some of EC's new little "milestones" and quirks but I'll just save that for another day, when I have more time.



Blog signature

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little boy. He's going to the be best big brother ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your going to have so much fun with the two of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a corn dog so bad right now! Looks like a fun little adventure! Feel good and keep baking that big baby!

    ReplyDelete