Friday, June 4, 2010

He's HERE!

We welcomed our gorgeous son into the world on at 2:11am on June 2nd. If you recall, I mentioned that EC told us the date would be "two", and sure enough, he was right!

Our new babe's name is Alec Nicholas, he weighed 7lbs 11oz and was 19.5 inches long. He has dark brown hair (and lots of it!) and his eyes are a dark blue with some brown mixed in.

We've all been home since Thursday afternoon, and dare I say...adjusting to two kids hasn't been as stressful as I thought it was going to be. I'm positive that'll change in time but for now I'm thankful!

Alec is a big time sleeper, waking every 3 hours on the dot to gobble up some milk and then right back to dreamland. He snoozes through all the noise EC makes, which is something I was concerned about. He sleeps in 3 hour stretches through the night as well, so I get some sleep! HOORAY!

Now for some pictures of this gorgeous guy:









EC is the best big brother ever. He always wants to hold Alec, he gives lots of kisses and tells us where all of his body parts are. We haven't sensed any jealousy yet and have been trying to keep him busy, he's adjusted well.

I'm excited to pull out EC's newborn pictures to compare and in my opinion, they both have their own unique looks.








Blog signature

10 comments:

  1. He is a cutie! Congrats Sherry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to you and your family!
    What a gorgeous little one. I love all that hair!

    Hope you have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so cute! EC looks like he is pretty happy in his position of big brother! Can't wait to meet him. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks SO MUCH like EC in that second picture. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful news! Congratulations! As the mother of two boys, I welcome you officially into my "club"! :) It's a fabulous group to be in! Alec is beautiful and watching the bonds between your boys grow will be SO much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful family! I can imagine in about 16 yrs those Naparstek boys are going to drive the girls crazy. Enjoy

    Your Grandpa Dreibelbis

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwwwwwwww! I forget how small they start out! Those two are going to be the BEST of friends! Great job Sherry and Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable! Congrats again! Glad to hear your getting a little bit of sleep. That helps! Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So, so precious!! He is gorgeous and EC looks like such a sweet big brother. Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete