Thursday, June 10, 2010

One week down!

We've been a family of four for 8 days now and so far things are going well. I apologize that I have no pictures to share today, I promise to make it up to you soon. The problem is that I have a gazillion (that's a million multiplied by a million by my calculations) pictures on my memory card and each time I take new ones and upload them to my computer, it takes for-ev-er!! For some reason it tries to upload ALL of them rather than just the new ones. Anyhoo...

Alec has been such a great little baby thus far, and yes, I'm prepared for the calm to turn into a storm eventually. But I'm taking advantage of it for now. We're still at the point where he sleeps a lot. No more than 3 hours at a time (with a couple exceptions) day and night, and he's feeding fairly well. It's actually a challenge to keep him awake during that time, too.

EC is still handling his new job as a big brother really, really well. He is always looking out for Alec, and asks to "hold it" about 10 times each day. He sings to him, tells him "shhh" when he cries and kisses him constantly. I've sensed zero jealously which is something I was sure he'd feel.

Has anyone else tried to take a toddler and an infant in a car seat to the grocery store? I realize I'm not the only one in the universe who visits the store with 2 small kids, but I must ask...where the heck do you put the groceries!? I had to stop half way through my list because once I shoved the bananas and grapes with Alec in the car seat and the Charmin Mega Pack and Bounty paper towels next to EC in the passenger side of his car cart, I had zero space left. That and the fact EC was hollering at me that he couldn't see...I headed to the checkout.

Have I mentioned I'm having a good time with the boys in my life? I am.



Blog signature

7 comments:

  1. I remember those trips well! : ) I put Logan in the cart seat and Amanda was straped to my chest in a Baby Bjorn. I LOVED that thing. I wore my kids EVERYWHERE. Best of luck to you! You'll get your system worked out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I totally blogged way back when about the ridiculousness of trying to grocery shop with 2 little ones... it was right after I had Little A, and I don't know why I never considered it, but I was STRESSED. I was seriously dragging paper towels behind me down the aisle... NO ROOM! Glad I'm not the only one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad to know I wasn't the only one struggling with that adjustment when my second came along! I either put Alex (my "baby") in a carrier with Nate (oldest) in the cart or would grab a basket to stick under the cart to store extra things in. If I'm really lucky my husband comes with me and we take two carts. It's ridiculous but until one of them is able to walk (or stay home!) something's gotta give!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember that early 'honeymoon' period of having two kids! ;) I'm glad you are having such a good time with them... it really is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear things are going well! I can't wait to meet Mr. Alec later on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI SHERRY! thanks for finding me! was reading some of your posts. you funny lady. although i should have known. can't wait to meet the little guy and you'll have to tell me some tricks of having two when you get the knack cuz someday that will be me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I put Boston up front, Em in the back of the cart or once it starts to get full...she likes to stand on the front of the cart and take a ride. It is ALOT of work to take 2 or 3 to the store. Try and go at night when the kids are sleeping. That's what I do. I go after 8 when everyone is sleeping to have 60 minutes of pure "me" time.

    ReplyDelete