Sunday, August 22, 2010

Changes

Have I mentioned that we no longer need these?
And instead we are using these:
                                                 
And this is how we feel about it:
                                                 














There have been a handful of accidents (the most recent on was in McDonald's!) and I know we still have nap time and bedtime to work on but I couldn't be happier.


I'm certain it was ME who was lacking the commitment in the beginning to get this change accomplished (it takes a lot of work!), but once we hunkered down and stuck to our guns it wasn't so bad. Nick and I couldn't be more proud of our 26 month old, so much so, we're going to start potty training our 2 month old! Now that would be impressive, wouldn't it?

Blog signature

6 comments:

  1. Way to go EC! What "method"/strategy did you use? I LOATHE potty training. I can't even begin to tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather...not just one method worked, we used several! At the very beginning we just gave him his big boy potty and let him get used to it, that went smoothly but he still went in his diaper often. Then we started with the reward system, but he quickly grew tired of M&M's. So we tried the timer method, and set it for every 30 mins or so and took him to the bathroom to "try" and eventually he started telling us he had to go. After we gave him "big boy" underwear it seemed to click even more for him, but we still have a ways to go as far as accidents and sleeping time. I agree, potty training is not fun at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. newsflash sherry. finally, yes, FINALLY wrote in my blog. not my best but it will do. i'm rusty.

    ReplyDelete