Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Matthew

Sometimes we get so caught up in our own problems that we forget about those with even bigger problems. I'm guilty. The trivial things like losing my comb, running out of milk at 7am, running on a few hours of sleep or dealing with a dead car battery are things some people only wish they had to deal with.

This morning as I was reading through my blog roll I came across a post from the "Finnegan Begin Again" blog about a little boy named Matthew, 11 years old, who is dying. HERE is the link if you'd like to read her short post and watch the video link. I have a card ready to go in the mail today, maybe it'll reach him before Christmas. If you have a minute, maybe you can pop a card in the mail for him too? And even if you don't, send warm thoughts to Matthew and his family.

Please hug your kids a bit tighter (and longer if they aren't stinky) and when you find yourself stressing about the small things in life, like I do so often, try and focus on all the good in your life. We've got a lot to be thankful for, or at least I do.


Blog signature

5 comments:

  1. Sherry, thanks for joining the party. I hope the guy gets all the cards he can. I know that will mean so much to him and especially his parents. Thanks also for mentioning, and most importantly, reading my blog. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's heartbreaking! Thanks for sharing their story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a profound reminder at the perfect time! I appreciate the perspective! Have a wonderful holiday with your beautiful family! I'll hug my boys a little tighter tonight and think of you and yours! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this, Sherry. I had Ella draw Matthew a picture and we dropped it in the mail this morning.

    ReplyDelete