Thursday, December 2, 2010

Month Six

One half of a year. Oh my goodness! In a couple month's time it'll be official...I will no longer have a newborn, an infant nor a baby. Nope, he'll be approaching the toddler phase before I can count to 10.

I guess this is what happens though. You have babies and they grow up.

Anyway, Alec had his 6 month checkup this morning and I'm pleased as punch to report he's doing all the things he should be doing, is healthy with the exception of a minor ear infection, and can take 4 shots to the thigh like a grown woman (I would say "man" but we all know who can handle pain better).

He weighed in at 18lbs 1oz (61%), was 26 inches long (33%) and has a normal size noggin. Atta boy, Alec!

From month 5 to month 6, Alec:
*has grown in his first 2 teeth
*has learned how to easily roll over from his back to belly
*started sleeping much better (last 3 nights have been awesome, knock on wood)
*grabs, grabs, grabs for anything in front of him
*is close to sitting up all by himself
*started to giggle a little more, but only when EC makes this God-awful throat noise sound. Weird.
*started solid foods and will easily chow down a full container of baby food in one sitting. 
*wears size 6-12 month clothes (careful, you're gonna catch up with your brother too quickly!)

My big chuck of love is so much fun, and as adorable as can be. He enjoys watching the action rather than being a participant and he is still so intrigued by his big brother. My absolute favorite time of day is when I'm rocking him before bedtime with his limp little body cuddled up in my arms, listening to his soft little snore. I wouldn't trade it for a thing.

Ok, maybe I'd trade it for both of my little chucks of love sitting on my lap, fast asleep, snoring, but I'll take what I can get.


Happy half birthday, little man. Mommy and Daddy love you to bits.

Blog signature

4 comments:

  1. PS The cookies were delicious - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 6-months already!?! He's growing up so fast! Tell him to slow down, will ya'? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where has 6 months gone? Growing to be such a handsome little guy!

    ReplyDelete