Monday, May 2, 2011

11 Months

Oh dear, he's going to be one in one month. So fast, it happened so fast.

I find myself holding on to him a bit longer each day, letting him sleep on my shoulder a bit longer each night, and letting him climb all over me a bit longer each evening. In the blink of an eye he'll turn his cheek away when I want to give him kisses and he'll tell me "no!" when I ask for a hug. He'll wiggle out of my arms after nighttime stories and he'll shout rather than giggle at my silly stories.  But for now, he's still a baby and he adores his mom every second of the day. For that, I'm thankful.

At 11 months old Alec is every bit boy. He and Ethan grow closer each day, they play often and sometimes just sit and stare at one another like they're reading each other's mind. Ethan is still able to make Alec laugh so hard, just by making a funny noise. I've tried to video tape it but the video taping gods must be helping another mother get the perfect video, because it's just not happening.

He is now a speed crawler and just today crawled head first into an empty bottom drawer in the kitchen. Like, inside of the drawer. He is pulling up on everything and dances as soon as he hears a beat. He's an excellent car passenger now and still loves people watching. Oh, and he eats everything.  My grocery bill will verify that!

He naps and sleeps great, minus the occasional mishap, which doesn't happen that often. I'm so grateful for full nights of sleep and don't envy parent's of newborns one bit in that regard.

Alec has a contagious grin that stretches from ear to ear.  You can't help but smile back and forget about everything you were doing just to snuggle into his chunky little body. He's such a sweetheart and doesn't mind showing it.

Happy 11 Month Birthday Big A!




Blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment