Thursday, May 5, 2011

Deanna Rose Farmstead

Nearly every person I've talked to here has said Deanna Rose Farmstead was a must.  I knew it would be neat, but I had no idea how neat!  The place just didn't end, it kept going and going.  As a matter of fact, we didn't even get to see it all as our outing ran into Ethan's nap time so we'll be making another trip soon.  Oh, and it's free (during weekdays)!!

Ethan fished for the first time ever, didn't get a picture of it though, it only held his attention for about 3 minutes and he was off to the next attraction. He isn't quite old enough to ride the ponies but will be in a few months so we'll do that later.  I didn't take many pictures of the animals but there were lots. Ethan kept hoping to see an elephant.

What boy doesn't love a train?
Still too short to reach the pedals but that didn't stop him!
I took the boys inside the pen with teeny tiny goats and Alec was intrigued,  Ethan got the heebie-geebies and I got peed on. By a goat.
A little theatre with tractor seats.
Future jockey?
Getting a  GOOD picture of them together is my mission, I'm still working on it.
Mining for gems.

Two boys and their Nana (thanks for joining us Nana!)
This old schoolhouse had all original things inside it and we learned some interesting facts from this lady.  A pretty neat building to check out!
The teacher asked Ethan if he knew his letters and he busted out the ABC song. Atta boy.  As for Alec...he's going to be the trouble-maker, I can already tell.
My little turkey.

Have I mentioned yet that I love living here?


Blog signature

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we kinda miss that town. Live it up for us, okay? : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place looks super fun! We will have to plan a trip!

    ReplyDelete