Saturday, September 3, 2011

Four Years

In some ways it does feel like 4 years, and in other ways it just doesn't seem possible. But indeed, we are celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary today. 

 Nick and I met nearly 10 years ago while we both worked for Walgreen's, we dated for a long time before jetting off to Hawaii with our close family members to tie the knot.  Our wedding, such a small affair, is by far one of the best memories of my life (right up there with our sons' births, of course).  It was stress-free and casual, and more beautiful than I can even remember (the wedding, NOT their births).  There were a total of 10 of us and everyone got to enjoy a gorgeous vacation in Maui doing things together, or going it alone.  It was lovely and I wished I were there now.

I desperately want to go back to visit, but adding two small kids to the mix makes it a lot more complicated, however, I'm crossing my fingers that there will be 2 plane tickets in my anniversary card in the year 2017 for our ten year anniversary.  Ugh, that sounds like a million years away.



Nick surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of red roses, a nice card and a gift certificate to a spa.  Those gift certificates are like gold to me.  Seriously.  An hour of massages or facials or manicures is the best medicine for any stay-at-home mom.  And to top it off, he asked his mom to watch the boys tonight while we enjoyed dinner at The Melting Pot.  We stuffed ourselves silly with their four course dinner for two and then called it a night.  

I showed Ethan some of our wedding pictures recently and he was full of questions. "You're going to have a marry wedding?" ""Where you a princess?" "Was I a big boy when you was married?" "Me and Alec were in your belly when you was married?"  It was terribly hard to get him to understand that he and Alec didn't exist when we were married, I told him he lived in God's heart and then in my belly later on. He let it sink in but still had a very confused look on his face.  Later I asked if he'd like to get married when he got big and his exact words were, "Yep, and when I'm big I'm gonna get married.  I wanna married YOU, Mama!"  Awwww!!  This kid knows how to butter me up!

Blog signature

1 comment:

  1. Happy (belated) Anniversary!!!

    I don't know what is sweeter - the story of your wedding, or your conversation (and proposal) with Ethan ;)

    ReplyDelete