Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Seventeen hours of cooking, 15 minutes to eat it, but so worth it.  Nick and I had his mom, his sister and her family over to our house for Thanksgiving this year.  It was a lot of fun getting ready for their visit, and getting ready for the big dinner.  While I'm not a stellar cook, I do enjoy cooking (for the record, I didn't burn anything this year and I did take EVERYTHING out of the turkey's cavity this time, ewww).  

The cousins (Ethan, Alec, Gavin and Mallory) didn't stop moving for one single second.  They had such a blast with each other, even Alec hung in there with the big kids.  The weather was unusually warm (65) so they got to play outside too.  Then they all climbed on Nana, I was hoping for a good picture of all 5 of them but as you can see, they were all hyped up on pumpkin pie so it wasn't happening.

Mayhem!

This was the best one I could get!

I just adore this picture of Mallory and Alec.  She acted like such a little mommy with him, it was adorable.  

On to Christmas time!  The tree is up and the stockings are hung.  More to come on a new (for us, anyway) tradition we've begun this year.
Blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment