Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

Yesterday, I was spoiled.  After sleeping in until 8 I was greeted with hugs, flowers and cards from all 3 of the boys.  After some lounging around we piled in the car to meet Beth for brunch.  This part of the day didn't go as planned though.  We went to 4 restaurants, one of them twice!  And after one wasn't open yet, another having a 2 hour wait and the third having very incompetent staff (we ended up leaving after placing our order, so frustrating!) we just made it simple and bought a bag of bagels from Panera to take to Beth's house and enjoy.  We should have done that from the start, but oh well.

After naps and dinner we went to Cold Stone Creamery and had a treat.  The boys each gobbled up a small kids cone, and then finished up Nick's leftover shake.  Alec's stomach must be bottomless, he powered it all down and could have eaten more if we had it.  They ran around and played Batman and Robin to burn their sweets off then it was home to mow lawn and dip the kids in the bathtub and plop them into bed.

It was such a simple day, everyone was nice to one another and mostly well behaved.  And I got several "Happy Mother's Day" hugs from the kids and Nick made sure I had a good day.  I feel pretty lucky to have these boys in my life!





"My mom's name is Sherry. She is 20 years old.  She has blond hair and purple eyes.  She works hard at doing house stuff.  I love her because she gives me nice things.  If I could do one thing for her, I would make popsicles.  Love, Ethan

I couldn't have written it better myself!!
Blog signature


1 comment:

  1. Awwwww. Happy Mother's Day!

    You'll cherish that card forever! I found one just last night that I made my mom when I was 10 and I'm going to give it to her the next time I see her, because it was the funniest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete