Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Botanica, Deanna Rose, Legoland and the Aquarium

Sometimes I feel as though all we do is go to the gym, the grocery store, and the park.  It gets a little monotonous at times, our routine, so in the past several days we were able to shake up our schedule some and also take advantage of the NOT 100 degree weather.

So in short, this is what we did.  The boys and I drove down to the HUGE town of Rock, KS (population has just increased by two, so it must be up to 89 by now) to see my parent's new house out at the farm.  I didn't take pictures of the kiddos there, but I did take pictures of our trip to Botanica in Wichita.  Luckily my mom took some too, because I lost all of mine and was pretty sad about the great shot I got of Ethan with a butterfly on his hand.  I haven't been to Botanica in years, and I must say, the new kid area was awesome.  The boys have such a short attention span though, so they ripped though each activity quickly and then we were done.




Just pretend this butterfly is sitting on Ethan's hand, while he has a wide grin on his face, because that's how it happened.  

This picture made me laugh because it's just how our life goes.  It's never perfect, generally pretty chaotic and yet we somehow manage to put the pieces back together again by the end of the day.  All I asked for was one teeny tiny moment of the boys' time to get a nice picture of us together (which never happens!).  Obviously Ethan was thrilled and apparently Alec saw something much more interesting, and I was in the middle of saying, "Just take it Mom, at least we're all in the picture."



A few days after getting back from my mom's I decided last minute to take the boys to Deanna Rose Farm one morning.  We haven't been all summer, which is sad because it really is a nice place to take little kids.  We did the usual...fed goats, looked at cows, played and visited the old schoolhouse then headed home for lunch and naps.  We skipped fishing and horseback riding, but maybe we'll squeeze in another trip before it closes.








Alec liked everything except the goat feeding.  He squealed like a little girl whenever they tried to get near him.  Ethan, on the other hand, takes after me and really enjoyed feeding them even though they nearly chewed off his shirt.  

Yes Nick, he did wash his hands immediately after petting them. (Guess who Alec takes after? Geez.)


Ethan was either showing me his cow horns or he was telling me to go away, I don't recall.


Lastly, we went to the new Legoland and Aquarium with my parents and step-sister and her family this past weekend.  Overall, it was fun to experience both of these new places but it'll be more like a once-a-year type thing. It was great getting to hang out with everyone though, we were a well-behaved group! And apparently I didn't take one single picture of the grandparents (except the 3D movie one) or my sister's family...but I swear they were there and they're all a great looking bunch of people, especially little Myrah!
It looks like there's a Lego man inside Nick's backpack, do you see it?

He's 101 Lego's tall.


Chariot ride to save the princess.

The miniature Lego city was pretty cool, lots of details in every scene.




The short 4D movie was pretty cool, we got sprayed with water, blasted with snow and blown away by the wind.  Alec's face is priceless!!

video
They both sang karaoke, here's Alec's version of the Spiderman song.  You've gotta listen close though.

You couldn't use a flash in the aquarium so all my pictures were pretty cruddy, but here are a few (cruddy ones).

The boys got to touch some of the sea creatures, that was pretty interesting.



Blog signature


1 comment:

  1. Wow - you guys have been busy! Everything looks super fun...Ollie would love Lego Land. And that picture of you with the boys is priceless.

    Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete