Monday, February 18, 2013

Grandma and Papa's Farm

We made a last minute decision to take a quick trip to my parent's house last weekend.  Nick hasn't been to their house since they moved last summer and the boys were over-the-top excited to go.  My mom watched the boys for me on Friday before Nick got there, and I drove into Wichita to have dinner with two of my girlfriends.  Love that I get to see them!

The farm is quite a bit different from the surrounds we're used to, and the kids play non-stop outside and inside.  Dirt, sand, tractors, dogs, mud, scooters, a cat, Papa, ice cream, Grandma, costumes, guns (pretend, of course), cookies...you name it, they had it.





Emmy the farm dog, she's a real sweetheart.  The boys enjoyed playing with her and she kept begging to have her tummy scratched.  I think she might have gained 5lbs from all the leftover food she got from us, too.  

My mom had to work Saturday at the downtown library so we went to bother her for a couple hours.  The boys helped her cross tasks off her list.  







Nick and I drove out on the land and shot a few guns for fun.  Nick and Jim did some shooting the day before, too.  I can't remember the last time I even held a gun so I was a tad nervous at first but Nick showed me how and after a few times it was actually fun.  We both managed to hit the targets, too. Like there was any doubt?  The shotgun was my favorite.




On the ride home the kids told me 50 times they missed Grandma (Papa, too), so I have a feeling we'll be making a trip back or asking them to drive up soon.


Blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment