Monday, July 14, 2014

Parks and Play in Pictures

The word on the street is that school starts in one month, which will be here before I know it so we're trying to squeeze in some old fashioned play time before that day comes.  The kids are perfectly happy doing whatever...as long as Nick or I are right there alongside them.  Here are a few things we've been up to the past month.


Ethan has 4 days of practice at the Soccer Complex hosted by The Sporting this year.  He's quite proud of his new soccer shoes.

This summer should be named "Summer of the Park" as Nick and I have made it our mission to explore Johnson county and all it's great parks and trails.  So far we've visited roughly 5 or 6 of them and still have more on our list.  We generally pack up the kids' bikes and a picnic lunch and make a day out of it.  Good clean fun, huh!?

Kill Creek Lake


Lake Lenexa (I promise there's a lake here, guess I just didn't get a picture of it!)



Ernie Miller Nature Center Trails



Mill Creek Steamway

It was unseasonably cool today (mid-70's) and rainy so I let Alec play in it.  Ethan was away at Summer Camp so he and I had a great time cooling off.  He was set on finding worms but we had no luck.


Alec also had a summer camp today for 3 hours at the Olathe community center, here he is playing on the playground.  He was a little apprehensive when I told him I was just dropping him off but must have quickly gotten over it as he was all smiles when I picked him up.

Pool time!


Ethan gave the sidewalk a high five with his adorable little face the other day and has a couple battle wounds to show it.  If you think he looks bad, you should see what he did to the concrete! :)

Alec went from running people over (on accident) to driving the Jeep like a pro!  He cruises all over the backyard now just like his big brother does.

 The four of us went to Prairie Fire in Overland park for lunch a couple weekends ago, it's a nice area to just hang out for a bit.  

Alec loves rollie pollies...and told Nick the other day "Since you and mom won't let us haf a cat or e-ver a dog then I guess we'll haf to have a wolly-polly."  Sounds great Alec!

Lastly, a couple of my girlfriends and I got together for a night out recently.  We laugh so hard when we're together that I think it adds an extra 5 years to our life expectancy!




Blog signature

No comments:

Post a Comment