Thursday, December 18, 2014

Otto

It's been 3 weeks since we picked up our new puppy Otto, and he has woven his little self right into our family so seamlessly that it almost feels like we've had him for years (ok, maybe not years...but definitely months).  I'm not exaggerating at all when I say he's the best dog ever.  I feel like we won the puppy lottery or something!

The boys adore him and Nick and I also soak in his cuteness, he's wiggled his way right into our hearts and has been a welcome addition.  I realize I'm saying all of this and we haven't even had him a month, maybe I'll be signing a different tune once he's grown or as he goes through his "teenage" months.  But for now, I'm quite happy with our little guy.

He sleeps quite a bit, much like a newborn does, but he sleeps though all the sounds and shrieks the kids make.  He's almost potty trained, we are getting there.  And he sleeps in his crate at nighttime and when we're away during the day.  However, he's a smart little furball...he managed to unzip the crate door and get out while we were gone yesterday.  I imagined the worst as I looked around the house for a pile of doo or a chewed up chair.  We looked and saw nothing out of the ordinary, so maybe he wasn't out long or maybe he just knew, I can't be sure.

The amount of growing he's done in just one month is quite astounding.  I think he was about 10lbs when we got him, and he's gaining daily.  You can see a difference in the pictures below

This morning was his first experience with snow, you'd have thought he was in heaven.  He LOVED it.  It was fun to watch him and the boys play in it, but cleaning him off afterwords is no fun but still worth it.

Here are LOTS of pictures for your viewing enjoyment!

Our very first meeting!


First car ride home, he's a little unsure and was shaking

 Quick pit stop

First Jeep ride

Look closely, all 3 of them are inside Otto's crate

First night home and he found a resting spot on Grandpa's foot





Ethan giving him kisses during his nap

Ethan taking him for a walk (he does this often)


In Alec's bed, Alec was very excited!

Helping with puzzles

Uh-oh, someone else loves Daddy Puppy too!

He won't be able to do this much longer!

Found a pillow and took a nap



Can you take in all that cuteness????

On a walk on the trails

These two cuddle a lot!


Shoes...it's all about the shoes.



This picture sums up how much he really loved the snow!

Having a new puppy is great, but having a goldendoodle is even better.  :)

Blog signature

2 comments:

  1. Some of these pictures are better than the ones you see on calendars, I think there might be a future job in here somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! I love his name and the pictures are great!! I've missed catching up on you and the boys...everyone (Otto, too!) is growing so quickly! Hope all is well and you had a great holiday! Happy 2015 to you and your lovely family!!

    ReplyDelete